According to historical records, ‘River Craft’ which was the boat developed by Egyptians is the genesis for the modern houseboats. Of course, these houseboats are also popularly called as boathouses or flowing dwellings. As the very name suggests, a houseboat is a replica of your home but is built on a boat. These boats have gained popularity, and more and more people now prefer to spend their holidays in these wonderful flowing homes. In fact, Murray River houseboats have become more or less a pastime among tourists.
Boathouses in Canals
Interestingly, in Great Britain, unique, narrow boats were used in the canals for transporting goods. But, since the recent past, even these narrow boats are being used for recreational purposes, and they have been transformed into boathouses of unique design.
People who are weary of staying in the midst of the concrete jungle prefer the Murray River houseboats because they feel fascinated by trying something new. Spending a day and night in a comfortable accommodation and floating over the water all through is certainly a fascinating experience.
Now, the utility of boathouses is not limited to dwelling with family. They can be used for various other recreational facilities too. Take a look at some of the unique utilities of these riverboats.
- With increasing popularity, the Murray River houseboats have now turned into a luxurious dwelling too. These luxury boats are available with spacious and well-furnished bedroom en-suite, lobby, equipped kitchen, dining room, living room and so on. They are also equipped with all the utilities like Television, telephone, WiFi, DVD and so on.
- In addition to this, some of the luxury boats have an exclusive bar area. While staying on your floating home, you can also enjoy fishing. The boats have all the facilities for fishing activity. Every boat is provided with adequate, safe drinking water.
- Boats are available with varying accommodation like that are ideal for 4 people, five people and so on. You also get the option of hiring the services of an experienced boatman.
- You can also use the houseboats in Murray River for visiting some of the places of tourist interest, which you come across along the course of the journey in the canal. Some of the canals and lakes also offer various types of water sports facility.
- However, you must ensure the Murray River houseboats are provided with adequate fuel for moving around the canal and lake. You must also ensure the boats are in good condition, and all the necessary safety gadgets are in perfect, usable condition. It is always advisable that you must ensure the boats are duly registered with the appropriate government agency.
- Before you hire the houseboat, you must go through the terms and conditions and also the rental pattern of the houseboat service provider. Normally, every houseboat provider will give you a list of do’s and don’ts and you will have to follow these instructions because the safety of you, and your family members becomes a matter of utmost importance.
Staying in a houseboat for a couple of days would be a wonderful experience, the reminiscences of which you would certainly cherish throughout your life. Visit http://luxuryonthemurray.com.au/ to find out more about how you can hire luxury houseboats for your next family holiday adventure or to simply relax and unwind along Murray River and other holiday destinations.